Monday, December 21, 2009

No time to draw.




I debated for a while as to whether or not to post these pictures. The main reason being... I like the idea of having all drawings of guys ( I know I have other photos of guys up ) but I feel like I was moving in a new direction, and I liked where I was going. On the other side of the argument, I really feel that our lives are full rules and to add extra rules doesn't make any sense.



Obviously.... I decided to publish the photos, and here's why.



First off, this model said I could (his only request was that I not use his real name, because he teaches high school students and he didn't want any of them to accidentally stumble across the pictures.)



Second, the beauty of his body pales in comparison to what's inside of him, (he was describing his Buddhist beliefs, while naked... explaining how he no longer tries to hold onto material things... while naked. If you think about it.. at that moment he was void of all material things.) I should note: he contacted me about drawing him, our schedules would not lineup for a sitting so I suggested we take a few pictures that I can work from. (He lives on the East Coast and was in town for a short visit.) I really could go on and on about this model, and I think it would be impossible to find a bad thing to say about him. But I'm going to move on to.........



The real deciding factor to this post. I often talk about my backyard and my fireplace, I really thought that these pictures capture the magical feeling of being in these locations. Also, it's just about one week to Christmas, and it's sunny, beautiful and naked in my backyard. Normally I'd have a fire going, but it was like 80° out... (jealous???)



I never noticed that my fire extinguisher was so prominently displayed next to my fireplace. "I'm a safety girl" - Julia Roberts "pretty woman"

No comments: