Saturday, August 9, 2008

So I had this underwater idea…….

I recently went to Hawaii well, Maui to be exact. And I bought an underwater digital camera for taking pictures of sea turtles and see life. And I got to thinking ..what if I put my models underwater and use my crazy painting/ drawing style in underwater poses? So I put an ad out for models, and Justin responded ( I could go on and on and on about Justin. But this is about my new style or look. So I won't) anyway, I started trying to create the look of water that I wanted in my art, you know those wiggly white lines that end up reflecting on everything? Well nothing seem to be working, so I just decided to sit down and do my first try of one of the pictures that I took (see image) and I have to say I like it, it's not exactly what I was going for. I think it definitely is in need of fine-tuning but as a first try, It's a good start.

More later

Ethan

1 comment:

REspin86 said...

I'm the first to comment on anything in your blog! How fun, but it has only been up for a few weeks. I have to say i like the underwater idea. It adds an abstract quality yo your work yet the form, concept, and figures still remain, well apparent. I just wanted to say that although erotic art is not a passion of mine, i absolutely LOVE your lines, technique, and the aggression your drawings carry (very sexy aggression).