Monday, March 1, 2010

Fans of the penis



When I designed my T-shirts, I was thinking that I was designing them for men. So you can imagine how surprised I was when women started buying my T-shirts. I shared my thoughts with a lady who was buying one and she said " your work is for anyone who's a fan of the penis, and I'm a big fan"


Pictured above is my accountant, (I love her so much!!) One day while doing my books at the studio and oversized print of two guys going at it was delivered, I intentionally kept the print out of her view. Ray (a friend of mine) and I were talking about how great the print looked, Suzy asked if she could see it. Ray and I looked at each other, and told her it was best that you probably didn't see it. About an hour later she came up to me and said ( in a very stern mother voice) " I am a 45-year-old woman, and if I would like to see two guys going at it that is my prerogative! And I don't need you or anyone else protecting me from gay-ness." I showed her the print.


The other day I had to go over to her house and she introduced me to her assistant, her assistant covered her eyes and said " I know all about you Ethan. " I was shocked. ( I laughed it off and left) what was she thinking???? That if you look at me you will be exposed to erotic gay things?? (Weird!)

No comments: